Recently I carried out one poll on RSS feed and asked all Digital media influencers to share their opinion on RSS feed existance. First of let me tell you what is this RSS and how important it is in digital marketing world.
What Is RSS feed ?
RSS or rss feed is defined as ” RSS (Rich Site Summary); originally RDF Site Summary; often called Really Simple Syndication, uses a family of standard web feed formats to publish frequently updated information: blog entries, news headlines, audio, video.” 🙂
So big and little confusion right 😉 but no worry , in Manoj Blogs Zone , there is no need to worry. From the above , please kindly note RSS is to publish the frequently updated information. With this users get chances to get updated with the blog whose rss feed they are following.
How RSS Benefits ?
- Users don’t need to always keep visiting their liked blog instead they just can follow the rss feed and get all the latest updates of the blog.
- It is the most efficient way to syndicate blog content.
- Maintain blog presence all the time.
- Users can easily get the content without any kind of disturbance such as ads banner etc.
- RSS Feeds are the Better Email Newsletters this means a user will get only those which he/she wants from the feed. This is the best way to avoid spam.
So based on this , I did carry out one poll on RSS and asked people what they think about RSS and does it still exists or its dead.
The Question is “ Is RSS Dead or Live ? ”
To my surprise there has been very shocking result to the poll.
The options are :
- Don’t Know
From the poll, it is found 41% people voted and said Yes RSS is Dead while 39 % people voted and said RSS still exist. There is some interesting part of this poll also and 20 % people genuinely came forward and said they don’t know about this.
Hope this article provided you about the importance of RSS feed and how it can be beneficial for the site existance. The more site keep updated to users , there is always good chances users will keep visiting to your blog , hence Google bot keep visiting your site for better search results.
🙂 Keep sharing your such lovely queries with me , this will help me to come up with new solutions.